Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Introduction Post

I am Omar and  this is my first blog post and today, i"m going to introduce myself to you: I was born and raised in California but my ethnic background is South Indian. The only state I have visited is Reno, Nevada but other than that, I have never left California. And though I have explored California from North to South, I have never lived in another city except Santa Clara. My family loves the city and we don't plan on leaving any time soon. Speaking of family, I am the oldest in my family and i have a younger brother who's 14 and a youngest sister who is either 9, 10, or 11, and of course my Mom and my Dad are also in that picture. For now, I haven't chosen a  career seeing that i still have about three years of college left, but I've narrowed it down to four choices: chemical engineering, Zoology, computer engineering, or Criminal Justice. And if I hadn't mentioned it before, I am 16 years old and I am in a Middle College Program so I have plenty of time to choose a career. I have a lot of hobbies but I have chosen 4 that I would like to share with you : The first is that I am a Sneakerhead, I collect all kinds of sneakers and im addicted to it. The second is that I am a Boy scout, I love the outdoors and scouting gives you the ultimate outdoors experience in my opinion, The third is fish-keeping, I collect an exotic species of fish called cichlids, They come in all sorts of colors and shapes but are extremely aggressive, The PH, landscape, aquarium gravel, and lighting all have to be just right for them to not kill each other. My fourth and final hobby is Fishing which is extremely boring to explain so im not going to get into that. My passion is Animals, or pet keeping, over the years, I have raised and/or, bred, and/or kept cockatiels, parrot, prakeets, lutino quails, chickens, cichlids, bearded dragons, rabbits, green anoles, and tarantulas. But right now,  I have a 55 gallon African Cichlid Tank , and a 4 year old bearded dragon named Tang. I also love to read , when i go to the library, I rent out at least 12 to 15 books and i finish before they are even due. But one thing I have is writing, I despise it so much that im not even going to talk about it. So there is the bit about me, and I look forward to reading yours if you are in my English 1B class. =)

2 comments:

  1. Great to read about you Omar! I'm so glad you are in our class. Wow! 16! That is amazing. I have never met someone who has had so many pets:) As far as that bit about not liking writing, well, we'll see about that...it sure seems like you enjoy writing. I know that I enjoy reading your writing, you have a clear, engaging style and you do a good job of incorporating concrete details--so this is a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy, there is a 16 year old in my class haha. You have to remember to stay focused though because I feel like a lot of younger kids that do the middle college program say that a lot, "I have a lot of time to pick/choose/etc." The time goes by a lot faster than you think. Hopefully you enjoy the school so far. In my personal opinion City is better than De Anza and West Valley, so put the good school to good use :)

    ReplyDelete